How the L300 Foot Drop System Works!!
Transforming Lives Through Advanced Technology
The L300 Foot Drop System has adaptive wireless technology that senses when your foot is on or off the ground and automatically adjusts to changes in walking speed and terrain.
- Leg cuff produces electrical stimulation to activate and contract specific leg muscles
- Stimulates the appropriate nerves and muscles of the leg to lift your foot and help you walk more naturally
Precision Electrical Stimulation
The system delivers electrical stimulation in a precise sequence, which then activates the muscles to lift the foot to take a step. The result may be a more natural walking pattern (gait) combined with enhanced stability and confidence.1
L300 Foot Drop System Components
The L300 Foot Drop System has three main parts that use wireless communication to "talk" to each other.
1. Comfortable, Lightweight Functional Stimulation Cuff
The leg cuff is a small, light-weight device that fits just below the knee and contains electrodes which deliver stimulation where it helps you most. Available in two sizes: regular and small (for individuals with calf circumference approximately 12 inches or smaller).
2. Innovative Intelli-Sense Gait Sensor
The gait sensor attaches to your shoe and lets the leg cuff know if your heel is on the ground or in the air.
3. Wireless, Portable Control Unit
The hand-held remote control lets you adjust the level of stimulation and turn the unit on and off. The controller can be carried in your pocket, bag or purse.
1. Hausdorff JM, Ring H. 2006. The effect of the L300 neuroprosthesis on gait stability and symmetry (abstract included in CSM 2007 Platform Presentations). J Neurol Phys Ther. 30(4):198.